Stay informed and keep connected:
-Remember to contact your local’s TTOC rep.
-Attend meetings that your local union may call.
-Connect with the staff rep at the school(s) that you are called out to for any job action updates.
-Check your local’s website for local news related to bargaining updates and information
-Call the local union office if you have any questions or concerns, or you are asked to do
something you think is part of the Phase 1 job action. (There are no stupid questions!)
-Locals will be looking for volunteers to help out in the office. Call the local office if you are
willing to help.
-Sign on to MyBCTF (see below) for current updates about bargaining.
-Check the BCTF portal on a regular basis. Breaking news will be on the website.
-Go to www.bctf.ca and connect through the members-only portal.
-Have you signed up on to MyBCTF?
-Our members-only secure portal is online at mybctf.ca
What’s in it for me?
-timely bargaining updates
-interactive tools, including secure member-only discussion groups
-update your personal information
-easy registration for conferences
-information, articles, videos
-BCTF Advantage Program
-Sign on is easy!
1. At bctf.ca, click on ”BCTF members only”.
2. At BCTF member portal, click “first time here?”
3. Enter BCTF six-digit member number (if known) or name, district number, and district employee
4. Choose a password (and remember it).
5. If you have a problem, call 604-871-2119 or 1-800-663-9163, local 2119, or e-mail