Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Thursday 30 May 2013

Teacher Resignation Video - Everything I love about teaching is extinct

Huffington Post shared this article about a teacher who was among several given involuntary transfers to other schools due to "poor climate"
"I was proud to say I was a teacher," Rubenstein tells the camera, after describing how she abandoned a career in public relations to "do something meaningful" with her life. "But over the past 15 years, I've experienced the depressing, gradual downfall and misdirection of communication that has slowly eaten away at my love of teaching." "Raising students' test scores on standardized tests is now the only goal, and in order to achieve it the creativity, flexibility and spontinaety that create authentic learning environments have been eliminated. ... Everything I love about teaching is extinct," she continues.
Teacher Resignation Video: Ellie Rubenstein Explains 'Everything I Love About Teaching Is Extinct'

No comments:

Post a Comment