Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Thursday 19 June 2014

BCFED & BCTF Rally for #BCED tonight at Canada Place

What an amazing rally. There was a Maple Ridge teacher who spoke, a Vancouver grade 12 students, BCTF President Jim Iker, Jim Sinclair from BCFED, Ontario Teachers' president, CLC President Hassan Yussaff, leader of the NDP John Horgan, and many other wonderful speakers.

What was inspiring to me

  • Passionate speakers
  • Student who pointed out she could vote in 6 months and Christy Clark had lost her vote
  • Ontario Teachers support "Your fight is our fight"
  • Reminders of the importance of what we are standing up for
  • Sinclair - passionate as always
  • hearing enthusiasm in Jim Iker's usually calm voice
  • Listening to NDP leader supporting education
  • seeing past NDP leader Glen Clark who I met as a young youth advocate
  • reading creative and clever signs
  • seeing colleagues 
  • the music, one group is made up of local band teachers (and a drama teacher) who I have worked with 
  • it was massive, so many people!









I tweeted more and posted some on my facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment